|Appeared in|| Hellboy II: The Golden Army
proposed third film (possibly)
|First Comic Appearance||Wake the Devil|
Roderick Zinco was a wealthy man, and founder of his company Zinco, chosen by Rasputin to be a messenger to the members of the Ragna Rok Project.
Roderick Zinco was a wealthy industrialist sent by The Master to contact the members of Project Ragna Rok at their secret base in Norway. Immediately upon entering the base Zinco just barely survived an encounter with the deranged Occult scientist Leopold Kurtz. After, explaining how he encountered the master on his private island, Zinco's life was spared. One year after his arrival, under orders of Doctor Kroenen, one of Zinco's contacts managed to acquire the head of the German scientist Herman von Klempt. Enraged by this, Kurtz brutally attacked Kroenen, but was fatally stabbed with a scalpel. Furious with Kroenen and Zinco, for their treterous actions, the master struck Zinco blind. Sightless, Zinco accidentally destroyed the Ragna Rok base, taking Kroenen and Zinco with it.
Zinco EditZinco's industrial company is referenced several times throughout the Hellboy series including:
- Roderick Zinco's helicopter that takes him to Norway is clearly labeled Zinco.
- Parts of Zinco's snow suit most notably his gloves and coat are also labeled Zinco.
- Parts of Kroenen and Kurtz's equipment are labeled Zinco.
- After Hellboy's jetpack explodes, a Zinco label can be seen flying off.
- The gun Hellboy uses in Wake the Devil is a Zinco product.
- When planting explosives inside castle Giurescu, Hellboy uses a phone with Zinco's logo on it.
- When Agent Clark is contacting the BPRD, he has a poor connection, and states "...Damn Zinco phones aren't worth.."
- The torture device used by Kriegaffe #10 is labeled Zinco, and may have been salvaged from the castle in Norway.
- Parts of von Klempt's equipment is manufactured by the Zinco company.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army Edit
Zinco epilogue Edit
In an animated special feature, as part of the DVD edition of Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Roderick Zinco and his company appears in the Zinco Epilogue where he finds the severed head of Colonel Kroenen. There, Zinco also encounters the ghost of Grigori Rasputin.