|Hell on Earth (Story Cycle)|
|Story by||Mike Mignola, John Arcudi and others|
|Art by||Guy Davis, Tyler Crook and others|
|Originally Published in||New World - Ongoing|
|Date Published||August 2010 - Present|
|Collected in||B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth trade paperbacks|
Hell on Earth is the name of the second cycle of the ongoing B.P.R.D. stories.
The Plague of Frogs cycle concluded with King of Fear. All subsequent B.P.R.D. mini-series concerned with the ongoing plotline bear the title 'Hell on Earth' in addition to the title of the miniseries/arc.
- New World #1-5 (Aug - Dec 2010)
- Gods #1-3 (Jan - Mar 2011)
- Seattle (Mar 2011)
- Monsters #1-2 (Jul - Aug 2011)
- Russia #1-5 (Sep 11 - Jan 2012)
- An Unmarked Grave (Feb 2012)
- The Long Death #1-3 (Feb - Apr 2012)
- The Pickens County Horror #1-2 (Mar - Apr 2012)
- The Devil's Engine #1-3 (May - July 2012)
- The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell (May 2012)
- Exorcism #1-2 (June - July 2012)
- The Return of the Master #1-5 (August - December 2012)
- The Abyss of Time #1-2 (January - February 2013)
- A Cold Day in Hell #1-2 (March-April 2013)
- Wasteland #1-3 (May-July 2013)
- Lake of Fire #1-5 (August-December 2013)
- The Reign of the Black Flame #1-5 (January-May 2013)
Since then, Tyler Crook has been the ongoing artist, but his run is different from Davis's. During his run as the ongoing artist, Davis was solely responsible for the ongoing stories, however Scott Allie has said Tyler Crook will sharing these duties with other semi-regular artists. Since then James Harren has become a major part of the B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth team. Laurence Campbell is set to return for another arc after the success of Wasteland. For now it seems these three artists will share art duties on the series.
Side Stories and the Switch to Ongoing SeriesEdit
In 2012 B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth experimented with releasing multiple titles in a single month, always with one issue focused on the ongoing plotline with the occasional additional issue focusing on side stories. These stories were not written with John Arcudi and featured contributions from various artists. Scott Allie has said that these stories are not stand-alone stories, that they will contribute in big ways to the overall plot of Hell on Earth, but their contribution won't be as immediately apparent.
From Halloween 2012, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth became an ongoing series with The Return of the Master #3 becoming #100. This change means the series will come out on a regular monthly schedule with no more side stories coming out in the same month, as had become the norm in the first half of 2012.
Hell on Earth is collected in its own line of trade paperbacks to make it distinct from the previous cycle and flashback stories.
The entire Hell on Earth cycle will likely be collected in hardcover omnibus editions eventually, but these will not come out until the entire cycle is finished. Hell on Earth is planned to be longer than Plague of Frogs.
|B.P.R.D. Story Cycle|
Plague of Frogs
|Hell on Earth|| Followed by|