|Hell on Earth (Story Cycle)|
|Story by|| Mike Mignola|
|Art by|| Guy Davis|
|Originally Published in||New World - Ongoing|
|Date Published||August 2010 - Present|
|Collected in||B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth trade paperbacks|
Hell on Earth is the name of the second cycle of the ongoing B.P.R.D. stories.
The Plague of Frogs cycle concluded with King of Fear. All subsequent B.P.R.D. mini-series concerned with the ongoing plotline bear the title 'Hell on Earth' in addition to the title of the miniseries/arc.
- New World #1-5 (Aug - Dec 2010)
- Gods #1-3 (Jan - Mar 2011)
- Seattle (Mar 2011)
- Monsters #1-2 (Jul - Aug 2011)
- Russia #1-5 (Sep 11 - Jan 2012)
- An Unmarked Grave (Feb 2012)
- The Long Death #1-3 (Feb - Apr 2012)
- The Pickens County Horror #1-2 (Mar - Apr 2012)
- The Devil's Engine #1-3 (May - July 2012)
- The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell (May 2012)
- Exorcism #1-2 (June - July 2012)
- The Return of the Master #1-5 (August - December 2012)
- The Abyss of Time #1-2 (January - February 2013)
- A Cold Day in Hell #1-2 (March - April 2013)
- Wasteland #1-3 (May - July 2013)
- Lake of Fire #1-5 (August - December 2013)
- The Reign of the Black Flame #1-5 (January - May 2014)
- The Devil's Wings #1-2 (June - July 2014)
- The Broken Equation #1-2 (August - September 2014)
- Grind (October 2014)
- Flesh and Stone #1-5 (November 2014 - March 2015)
- Nowhere, Nothing, Never #1-3 (April - June 2015)
- Modern Prometheus #1-2 (July - August 2015)
At the same time, Tyler Crook was announced as the new ongoing artist, though not quite in the same capacity that Davis had been. During Davis's run as the ongoing artist, he was solely responsible for the ongoing stories, however has been sharing these duties with other semi-regular artists. Since then James Harren and Laurence Campbell have joined the become B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth team as ongoing artists alongside Crook.
As of The Devil's Wings Laurence Campbell has been made the cover artist for B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth and will be to the end. Both Tyler Crook and James Harren have since moved onto their own creator-owned series, Harrow County and Rumble, respectively.
Other artists to have worked on the series include Jason Latour (The Pickens County Horror), Max Fiumara (The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell), Peter Snejbjerg (A Cold Day in Hell and Nowhere, Nothing, Never), Joe Querio (The Broken Equation), and Julián Totino Tedesco (Modern Prometheus).
Side Stories and the Switch to Ongoing SeriesEdit
In 2012 B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth experimented with releasing multiple titles in a single month, always with one issue focused on the ongoing plotline with the occasional additional issue focusing on side stories. These stories were not written with John Arcudi and featured contributions from various artists. Scott Allie has said that these stories are not stand-alone stories, that they will contribute in big ways to the overall plot of Hell on Earth, but their contribution won't be as immediately apparent.
From Halloween 2012, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth became an ongoing series with The Return of the Master #3 becoming #100. This change means the series will come out on a regular monthly schedule with no more side stories coming out in the same month, as had become the norm in the first half of 2012.
Hell on Earth is collected in its own line of trade paperbacks to make it distinct from the previous cycle and flashback stories.
The entire Hell on Earth cycle will likely be collected in hardcover omnibus editions eventually, but these will not come out until the entire cycle is finished. Hell on Earth is planned to be longer than Plague of Frogs.
|B.P.R.D. Story Cycle|
Plague of Frogs
|Hell on Earth|| Followed by|